Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #3010 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
“Indians” is a good powerful song, and references the callous treatment meted out to the Natives by the white man. They seem to put their hearts and souls into the song, even if Maiden did it five years previous with “Run to the hills”.
One of Joey Belladonna's parents is Native American/Indian, and I think he came up with the idea for the song. So 'Maiden ain't got nothing on a song about Native Americans sung by someone with Iroquois heritage.

Quote:
"A.D.I./the horror of it all” (what the hell does that mean?)
"A.D.I." stands for "Arabic douchebag intro", as in, that melodic sitar (I'm pretty sure it's a sitar, but it's not credited anywhere) bridge that plays at the beginning of that track... And if you want to know why they called it that, well, this is the same band from which members (guitarist Scott Ian, and drummer Charlie Benante) would go on to form S.O.D., who made this song:

Quote:
Surely an album more based around its atmosphere and feel than any actual songwriting or melodies as such.
Even though you didn't like Dopesmoker, it pleases me that you recognize this because a lot of people do not, and it's one of the reasons it's bashed quite heavily. The lyrics aren't meant to impress, but merely serve as the description of the journey for which the music is the backdrop. It's like a soundtrack/concept album hybrid with heavy-as-**** atmosphere that reeks of epic grandeur and weird, rhythmic lyrics. It still sounds like no other album on this planet.

And if you want to get into the lyrics, it's a highly romanticized song about weed and stoners, that the band created their own subject matter specifically for. The ultimate song about weed and stoners basically.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote