Music Banter - View Single Post - Were songs from the 80s/90s catchier than today?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
ateiso
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
See, the reason you think music made before you remember is better is because you don't remember having to sift through all the **** to get to the good stuff. .
I suppose you were aiming for a wider ranging context but I have to clarify that I lived through the 80s and did some of my own "grazing and sifting" and I think right from the initial post there shouldn't have been any doubt that this discussing was about anything else other than that 1% of the music. Do we really want to discuss ALL the music produced in a 30 year span, that sounds like one of those endless religious debates in the making?

As indicated by your comments, let's just keep in mind that music is an inherently subjective topic.

Quote:
vaporwave and djent peaked a couple years back did the top 40 reflect this
Tristan, so are we now saying that sampling music from previous eras and diverse genres then presenting it in a "new" way is so earth-shatteringly revolutionary as to warrant major world-wide recognition? Musicians have been sampling and remaking existing music for ages.

It's an over-simplification but you are also kind of hijacking my point and taking it in a direction that it shoudn't be going. I said a good, not a conclusive indicator, correct me if there's no distinction between the two.
ateiso is offline   Reply With Quote