Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Festivals: Hate 'em or love 'em?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Insane Guest
Music Addict

Coachella were some of the greatest days of my life. I was only 17, and at the time the money I was making was simply for spending, so $300 for the ticket didn't seem like much, was like a $500 weekend which now as a college student is unthinkable, though I may be doing it this year since I can have bevs legally.

I saw Jimmy Cliff, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Refused, DJ Shadow, Explosions in the Sky, Madness, Jeff Mangum, Buzzcocks, The Black Lips, The Growlers, Radiohead, Porter Robinson, Calvin Harris, Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg, Mazzy Star, and a few more., and looking back now I kick myself for not going to others instead.

I avoided people more than I do now, the crowds are huge, but if you like music you should have no complaints. People of all types, mostly high school and college kids looking to party (Coachella) but they stick to the electronic stages. Honestly though, if I had a good time, there is no reason anyone who remotely likes music wouldn't enjoy it. If it's a halfway decent festival, you shouldn't hear multiple stages, you are bound to meet cool people, and some people have mentioned, it's unique being exposed to the variety of artists in one place. Only negative, which only applies to some festivals, are shorter sets, by about 50%, but they still deliver. (Except GY!BE, it felt like they only played a song

Festivals that are "genre" specific kick ass. No point in saying that the best metal festivals are in Europe, except maybe motivating me to get there, so there is that.

Last edited by Insane Guest; 10-26-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Insane Guest is offline   Reply With Quote