Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Festivals: Hate 'em or love 'em?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Justthefacts
President spic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edeces View Post
Coachella were some of the greatest days of my life. I was only 17, and at the time the money I was making was simply for spending, so $300 for the ticket didn't seem like much, was like a $500 weekend which now as a college student is unthinkable, though I may be doing it this year since I can have bevs legally.

I saw Jimmy Cliff, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Refused, DJ Shadow, Explosions in the Sky, Madness, Jeff Magnum, Buzzcocks, The Black Lips, The Growlers, Radiohead, Porter Robinson, Calvin Harris, Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg, Mazzy Star, and a few more., and looking back now I kick myself for not going to others instead.

I hated people more than I do now (not hate just avoid), the crowds are huge, but if you like music you should have no complaints. People of all types, mostly high school and college kids looking to party but they stick to the electronic stages. Honestly though, if I had a good time, there is no reason anyone who remotely likes music would hate it. You can't hear multiple stages, you are bound to meet cool people, like some people have mentioned it's unique to being exposed to that variety of artists in one place. Only negative, which only applies to some festivals, are shorter sets, by about 50%, but they still deliver. (Except GY!BE, it felt like they only played a song)
I hated EDM night, it was the third to last night I was there. I was trying to get sleep at my tent (I didn't wanna be anywhere near those ravers) and the bass from what sounded like it was coming from every direction was too damn loud. Couldn't get sleep. Also the one problem I had with it this year was during Slayer and the sound from the bigger stage 100 meters away was bleeding into their set. I seriously didn't wanna hear Childish Gambino during Slayer. And Tom Araya looked a little upset.
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote