Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Comedy Songs - Come laugh your butt off with us!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
If you feel inclined, you can check out the words to the AS song, though you may not be much the wiser:-

And here´s a song with very straightforward humour, making jokes about a trip to Blackpool. ( Blackpool was a well-known fairground/resort of a kind that was popular in the fifties - the equivalent, perhaps, of Coney Island in North America.)
A belated thank you, Lisnaholic, for the "Ullo John" lyrics!

In "Day Trip to Blackpool," I especially like the part about how they drove off in the car afterwards, having forgotten the mode of transportation that they used to get there. "Recycling" beer, too, was very environmentalist.

Today my fiancé and I heard for the first time a song that I feel is quite clever and amusing, reminding me of a Minnesotan potluck from hell.

It also makes me remember when I was 12 in a middle school cooking class and was assigned "tuna fish jello" as a dish I had to learn to make. :/

"Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise" - by William Bolcom
sung by his wife, Joan Morris

Wikipedia says the song is based on William Bolcom's experiences of eating weird, unappetizing foods when, as a child, he played the piano for women's clubs.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote