Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Reformed/Still Together OG Thrash Bands (Take 3)
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
axstar713
Los Cochinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocrisy View Post
I saw the above mentioned Testament line-up live @ the Whiskey on the The Gathering tour. What an amazing live performance ! And I too really like Christ Illusion & World Painted Blood and .being a huge Holt fan I was expecting much more from Repentless then I feel it actually delivers.
I agree, Gary is a big inspiration to me as a guitarist and I really wish Kerry would loosen the reins - not sure if this has been brought up here but a recent Guitar World interview shed some light on Slayer in the studio - in some of the books (DX Ferris' Slayer 66 2/3, is one - great book, by the way) it had been brought to light before that in the studio since post-Seasons it has been Kerry laying down all the guitar parts - even Jeff's rhythms. In the GW interview Kerry and Tom speak on it and Kerry did all of the guitar parts save for Gary's solos. To add to that, from say Divine Intervention-on, Kerry has been the one playing and recording the bass tracks on the albums AND giving Tom taped versions of how he thinks Tom should sing the vocals - Tom remarked this was the first album that Tom actually sang the tracks as he saw fit from the start. So from Divine on, Kerry has been playing all guitar tracks save for Jeff and Gary's solos, and the bass tracks... Now that Gary is an actual member, I wish Kerry would let the dude throw some input in, more than just laying a few solos down.
axstar713 is offline   Reply With Quote