Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you jealous with someone who is better than you? Tell me the truth, please!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #45 (permalink)
Baihe
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL Clown View Post
Just out of curiosity, why did you write this? I don't mean to be rude; I'm just asking...

Now I'm going to answer the main question of this thread: "Are you jealous with someone who is better than you? Tell me the truth." The answer is yes. I come from a traditional Asian background. In Asian culture, people show off a lot. My Asian father compares me to other students and he says that other students are better than me. These students have higher grades than me, but just because they have higher grades than me does not mean that they are better at everything. Book smart is one thing, but there's also street smart... (Street smart is a combination of common sense and social skills.) I don't know why Asian parents compare their children to other children (I find it disrespectful). There are some good things about Asian culture (kung fu movies, good Asian food), but there are more negative points than positive points. I don't want to piss people off (I'm just saying... This is my view as an Asian person.)
I have ever experienced that when I was jealous of someone who is better than me ,I felt so painful,very distressed and much oppressed mentally,and also I lived in darkness and misery .But now I get free from it and I feel very peaceful and secure in my heart because of God's salvation.I hope my experience can help someone who has the same situation as I had ever had .This is my purpose to write this thread
Baihe is offline   Reply With Quote