Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Rock
Thread: Classic Rock
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #249 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrinaMaher
I love old school rock n' roll.. its the very reason why i love msuic as much as i do..

i have the record (yes a real record) its the live album zeppelin did.. the song remains the same.. that album is ****ing gold.. everytime i listen to it or watch it on the computer its like i'm ****ing there or something.. stairway to heaven on that album is by far better the verison on "Led Zeppelin IV" the live verison seems like there's so much more gone into it.. OMG!
Yeah I have the dvd of the song remains the same it ****ing rocks. The first time I watched it it was almost too much to handle, they are so amazing live it was the first time I had heard/seen them live. I love they way they expand the solo sections and put whole new twists on some of the songs live. Since I've been loving you, No quarter, Dazed and Confused, and the Rain Song are my favorites off the dvd. The dual neck sounds so sweet in stairway too, the live version is the only one I like anymore as I have heard the studio version way too many times, and I feel the live version is closer to how they wanted the song to really be. Moby D Ick also rules, at one point bonham gets goin so fast his hands and arms are just a blur, its insane. I also would reccomend buying How the West Was Won on dvd and/or cds, its probably all in all a better performance, it was a year earlier than SRTS, and Jimmy Page feels that when it was recorded in 72 they were at their peak, and it's cool too because they performed some of the songs off Houses of the Holy for the first time, like the ocean and dancing days, which both rock by the way. Yeah I'm a hardcore Zephead, so I could go off forever but it's cool to see someone else who has heard them live...
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline   Reply With Quote