Music Banter - View Single Post - Your History as a Musician
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Toe
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mushroom View Post
When did you start playing? What was your first instrument?

First started learning the guitar in roughly March of 2014. I'm still quite green, though I've progressed a lot and have been told by many that I'm really good, I have a long way to go.

What were the first songs you learned?

The first two songs I learned (courtesy of Rocksmith 2014, which I abandoned as a learning tool shortly after) were Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones and Sore Tummy by PAWS.

Did you take lessons and for how long? What was your teacher like?

I mostly used Rocksmith 2014 to learn the basics and then switched it out for tabs, technique videos, and just analyzing my favorite players but listening to them and watching them perform via YouTube.

When was your first performance? What gear did you have?

I haven't really performed live yet, save for being a douchebag and playing my acoustic at parties. (and not even really playing anything, just improvising)

When did you start or join your first band? What did you play? How long did it last?

I'm trying to start a band currently, but know of no drummers that have the free time to do so...

How have your gear preferences changed over time? What is your favorite gear now?

I mostly prefer cheaper gear, in all honesty. I prefer to craft my tone with my hands rather than top-notch gear. Currently one of my favorite pieces of gear is my beat up Teisco Spectrum 2 that was picked up last December for the whopping price of $40. It feeds back beautifully and can be controlled easily, which makes for some amazing and fun use.

How much gear do you own? How much have you sold? What are you hoping to own in the future?

4 Electric Guitars
1 Acoustic Guitar
4 Effects Pedals
1 Amp
1 Cabinet
1 Kimball Organ
1 Cheap 80s Casio synth
1 Auto-Harp
1 Hohner Marine Band Harmonica

How have your influences and playing style changed over time?

They really haven't. I've incorporated some Rap & Hip Hop influences into lyrics, and some heavier influences in playing, but overall all my previous influences stand and can still be heard.

What were your best / worst performances like?

As I said before, haven't really performed live yet. Though my worst "performance" I must say was a few months after beginning. I was sitting outside with some people and one was playing his guitar. He asked if I played and I said yes, then he asked if I wanted to play his guitar and I declined. Then my crush asked me to play and I got overly cocky and decided I should do so.

Grabbed his guitar to find the strings covered in an absolutely disgusting coating of green of crystallized sweat. I sort of threw his guitar back at him and immediately went for hand sanitizer, plus washed my hands roughly five times. My crush kept apologizing about the experience, which I found kind of adorable.

Sadly I haven't seen her since

Kind of glad I never played though, as I was just beginning and really sucked.

Have you ever had any studio experience? Where at?

Sadly no.

Do you still play? If you don't why did you stop?

I do still play. I try to at least strum a few chords every day, if not truly play.
Could you post a photo of your Teisco. I love the spectrum guitars so much. The spectrum 5 is my favorite look for a guitar.
Toe is offline   Reply With Quote