Music Banter - View Single Post - aux-in's Collection: [The Electronic Continuum]
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 06:11 AM   #52 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

MUSIC FOR YOUR AUTOMOBILE: DRIVE-TIME CIRCUIT

Picture: An old Mitsubishi Eclipse ad that I have framed

I can only make a couple of definitive statements about the music I listen to. In fact, when I sit down and think about it, I can only come to three total conclusions out of tens of thousands of tracks that I've ever heard in my life. And since this is my journal, I should be able say this with impunity from some sort of peanut gallery, so please hold on to your rotten tomatoes.

1) "Would?" by Alice In Chains is the greatest hard rock/metal song of all time.
2) "Universe" by Xilent is the greatest melodic-dubstep song of all time.

This leads me to my third definitive statement:

3) "Lick The Rainbow" by Mord Fustang is the greatest electro-house song of all time.

I don't make any of those statements lightly, either.

Originally, I was going to include "Lick The Rainbow" when I did my road-trip write-up, but when I went back and looked at the dates where I officially gave songs a thumbs up during that time, this wasn't on the list. However, that could be a cloud of a memory, because I'm pretty sure it was playing on Pandora when I was driving through all of that desert. In all likelihood, things were so new to me then that I probably didn't get around to thumbs-upping it until a few weeks later. Had the dates aligned, I would've added "Lick The Rainbow" as the #1 pick for my Desert Driving Mix, which I'm now adding to and renaming Music For Your Automobile: Drive-Time Circuit (Mix).

Mord Fustang - "Lick The Rainbow"

There are all kinds of things going on in this instrumental, from spacey ambient vibes, long builds, complex breakdowns, and a couple of turntable "wikah wikies" thrown in for good measure. I don't produce any music, but I can tell when an artist is putting his or her all into what he/she is creating. This is a perfect car song, essential for long drives to nowhere. Having a Mustang isn't necessarily required .

Artist Info: Mord Fustang is clearly the reverse of Ford Mustang. I'm hoping that reversing the two letters between words isn't becoming a trend, but there are a few artists that do this, San Holo being another one that comes to mind. Now, I know that some producer/DJs feel that being secretive and anonymous gives them a bit of panache, if you will, but I went to Fustang's YouTube, Soundcloud, Facebook, and his official Web site, and the only bio he had at all was on his Facebook, which simply read: "Hi." That's it! So that's where I'm going leave it.

I'm adding this as well:

Mord Fustang - "The Electric Dream" [Jonathan Gering Remix]

Also an instrumental, Gering's remixing added some catchy hooks that aren't present on the original.

*Music For Your Automobile: Drive-Time Circuit (Mix)

Mord Fustang - "Lick The Rainbow"
Morgan Page & Nadia Ali - "Carry Me" [Dyro Remix]
NERVO - "Hold On" [Extended Mix]
Eddie K & Statix - "Anymore"
W&W - "Invasion"
Arty & Mat Zo - "Rebound"
Kill The Noise (ft. Ultraviolet & Emily Hudson) - "Dying"
Mord Fustang - "The Electric Dream" [Jonathan Gering Remix]
Xilent - "Universe"
Rogue (ft. Laura Brehm) - "Dreams"
Flinch (ft. Heather Bright) - "Light It Up"

*Previously aux-in's Desert Driving Mix. New additions in blue.

~ aux-in

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."

Last edited by Aux-In; 10-30-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Added an "s" to "drives"
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote