Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm going on a solo trip in the Spring
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
So, I have decided that I needed a change in my life. A Big one. My lease ends April first and I'm not staying in this apartment. I decided I'm taking three months (or more) off and travelling. Here's the very raw and very beginning of my trip...

Going out to Colorado for a week to visit a friend who is joining the Navy.

Going to California to visit my best friend for a week or so.

Drive with said friend to Portland for a few days.

Fly from Portland to Iceland. Spend a few days there.

Fly to England.

Backpack Europe. I have no idea where I want to go yet.

I'm saving money for the next five months. I know I can get to ten grand but I'm going to save as much as possible.

Anybody ever do something like this before? Travel advice? Is ten grand enough? Where should I go. I'm very new with this and I want to do it right.
I'd look into the flight cost above all. Hit up All of the cheap hotel sites ala orbit and then wing it after that. England is expensive when it comes to travel. I still haven't seen all of The US so the World is gonna have to wait, but it sounds like one hell of a trip. The year I graduated high school I toured the US with all my deadhead buddies and it was life altering so i'd say hit the ground running and just do it man. You are never gonna be in the situation you are in now where you can just cast away all doubts and go all in. Ten Grand sounds like enough to at least do that and if not wing it and just make sure you put enough away to make it home safe.