Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm going on a solo trip in the Spring
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
Went to Iceland (and other countries in Europe you may/may not be interested in) in May this year. I can give you advice on what to do there, where to stay, general handy info, etc. if you want.

I didn't go for as long as youre planning but I think $10K is probably going to be enough. The most expensive part is the to and from flights. Flying through Europe is pretty cheap and youre probably going to be staying hostels id imagine (and recommend) which is also good for cost saving.
I'd love all the advice you can give. I'm very new to this. I'll be staying in hostels and camping at campgrounds when I can. There is a lot of camping in Europe apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isbjørn View Post
Dude, sounds hella fun! You can go to Norway. Norway is in Europe. Or if you go to Romania, you can visit Castle Dracula.
Norway is on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I'd look into the flight cost above all. Hit up All of the cheap hotel sites ala orbit and then wing it after that. England is expensive when it comes to travel. I still haven't seen all of The US so the World is gonna have to wait, but it sounds like one hell of a trip. The year I graduated high school I toured the US with all my deadhead buddies and it was life altering so i'd say hit the ground running and just do it man. You are never gonna be in the situation you are in now where you can just cast away all doubts and go all in. Ten Grand sounds like enough to at least do that and if not wing it and just make sure you put enough away to make it home safe.
I'm going to buy the tickets out west and out to Iceland this month once I confirm staying arrangements with my friends.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote