Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror Writing Competition: Voting
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 06:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

In The Cold, Cold Night

You think you know? No. You'll never know, the cold like I did. Just by that disgusting, polluted river, filled with the feces of the feces it feeds, and strewn with the trash, thrown by the trash you can find all around.

I heard a wheezing, the last squawk of an old friend. Found himself within the embrace of plastic remnants of a six pack devoured twice over by now. Strangled to death, until he was nothing but a whisper. But nobody cares. Isn't that the real horror of it all? That no one cares?

I'm Sorry

An I find myself the bait of my own trap. Nothing sinister, just me strumming my guitar in the parking lot of a truly sinister education system. Who am I trapping? Maybe a companion. Thats all they-we-i-you really want. A friend.

Is it so? There she is, walking up smiling, bouncing, happy. She just listens and carries on, leaving me alone again to my strumming. Left to tears in the back of that old pick up.

And I drive and drive

and drive.

She takes the wheel, slams us into a ditch, twisting metal, ripping flesh. Ouch. It's burning. Tssssssssss.....

And I open, not just my eyes, and I see her clawing at my chest and ripping even more flesh from my body, when she pulls out my heart and eats the entire thing right in front of me. That bitch.

And I'm walking through that sinister school, the house of lies, and I see her. And she smiles, and I smile, and its all over then. We talk, we laugh, her names Alice, I think you would really like her.

Whoever you are.

She wore rose colored glasses, not that it matters anymore. And the poor, little thing just needed a ride. So I ask where she wants to go, she says No.

Nowhere? No, there. You know where, you remember. She was right, I did remember. and I turned left, I turned right, repeat the process, brake, blinker, dirt, dirt, DIRT.

Park. The sounds of insects flood my ears, while pollution floods the waters. To her surprise, I pull a knife and slit.

Her poor throat. I knew what she would do to me, I remember. She's not dead yet, just almost, and she looks confused, and I laugh, because she can't trick me.

I hold the brake, shift to neutral, and slit my own wrists. I didn't want to just continue after this, i felt like I was done. And we roll, and roll until we drift into the river, polluting it with the rest of the trash and the feces. Just like she would have wanted.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote