Music Banter - View Single Post - Please Welcome Our Newest Mods
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 08:25 PM   #85 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

First, congrats to all, very well deserved. Even Frown!
Just a question, remembering I do NOT want to or have the time to be a mod, but for information: where/when were the interviews or how was this decided, as I wouldn't like to think there's some shadowy black govt illuminati powerbase behind MB, pulling the strings and making us all dance like --- owww! Who pulled my strings? Seriously though: what happens when new mods are sought? Is it PM? Is there a thread hidden away somewhere where one applies, or are prospective members (ooh yeah! Prospects! Let the Sons of Anarchy reign!) approached by the team? I have no problem with any system you use, just wondering how it's done.

Again, well done to all. And now, some random replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonia View Post
I took Soic 101 e in you where in girl panties, no **** off
If there are pictures of this, grindy's life is ruined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I think she means "prescriptivist".
It's a perfectly cromulent word...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
WWSS...

What would Soulflower say?

Might as well be Racistbanter at this point.
Plankton is even now designing the new logo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Who the hell is DwnWthVwls? I've never seen you around.

Don't feel like you have to congratulate me, I didn't win anything.

------

I've been here a while, to various degrees of involvement. I often just post in music-related topics that interest me and aren't inane or redundant. I hope to help eliminate some of those things or at least put them in their rightful place/merge with exiting topics. Going forward I'll pay more attention to New Posts as opposed to just visiting the topics I'm interested in, to just be more involved in the community and also help out with spam. It's business as usual otherwise, and certainly no need for concern from anyone unless you're a spammer or an idiot.
Considering how long you've been here, your thoughtful posts about music (imagine that! Someone posting about music!), your refusal to get involved in drama and the fact that you seem to have had the same avatar since I joined, I think you're more than qualified and even if you're not as high profile as some others, that does not make you less worthy to be a mod. Congrats.

Oh, and cool graphic too Plankton!