Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you jealous with someone who is better than you? Tell me the truth, please!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL Clown View Post
I'm not saying that you are wrong, but I need to share my experience with you... There are two sides of the coin... On one side, you could argue that the student hasn't studied hard enough. (You could blame the student for everything). On the other side, you could question the fairness of the school system... I've been through different types of schools... Public schools, private schools, from elementary school all the way to University... College and University are not fair because some students get really easy teachers and some students get really hard teachers. I've had teachers who have asked questions based on material that they have never taught in class. I actually do listen in class (I don't text in class). Also, some teachers are extremely unfair when it comes to grading... I remember a developmental question where I wrote down eight steps. I made one small mistake (I wrote down a plus sign instead of a minus sign for one question). Just because of that error, I already lost 50% of the grade for that question. I have a lot of experience; I listen to other students... Some students had to stay up all night to finish off some reports or projects. But ironically, these reports are not worth much (in terms of the grades). I know that the exams have a lot of value, but the exams are not fair. Some exam questions are poorly worded and, as I mentioned earlier, these questions are not graded fairly. That being said and there are a number of exam questions that are not even related to the course! I think that college and university is a conspiracy to turn people into robots. Some people dropped out of university and they managed to get themselves some really good jobs (look at Bill Gates, for example). The only thing positive about college and university is the fact that they have some really good sports teams.
I have about 150 college credits (3-4 credits per class, ~10 years of college on and off), and in my experience 99.9% of the time it is the students fault. For the first time ever last semester I felt I got a grade I didn't deserve because of the teacher being mental.

Shitty teaching is really not a good enough excuse with the amount of external alternatives to learning the material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote