Music Banter - View Single Post - The Republican Primaries
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #75 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
it doesn't make sense to have a fundamental inalienable right only apply to people who are part of a militia. the fact that it's in the bill of rights makes it pretty clear that it is a right that applies to american citizens in general, imo. it would be very silly for them to put as the 2nd ****ing thing on the list something that only applies to certain clubs.
No one is arguing that people should not be able to own guns. It's all about regulation. Up until this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...mbia_v._Heller

reasonable regulations were being enacted all the time to keep up with the times. For example, it's illegal to own a sawed off shotgun or a fully automatic weapon. After the Heller case the NRA and it's pit bull, the gun lobby, got empowered and went after ANY sort of regulation as being the first step towards "the gubment gonna take away your guns man"!

Now it's down to the state level. Some states like Cali continue to enact reasonable regulations. I own a Glock but can not open carry it, can not carry it concealed (unless I can provide a valid reason - if I was a cash courier I could) and can not own a silencer or a clip that holds more than 10 rounds.

Other states like AZ or CO are the ****ing wild wild west. This picture cracks me up.

Have you seen this?

Gun folks want to stand behind the 2ND like it prohibits any sort of legal intervention of any kind whatsoever. That's not how it's written.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote