Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #6313 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

On that note...

Out in the middle of the desert there was a cactus and a sand plant that happened to grow next to each other. Being that they were the only living things for miles around they became great friends. After years of keeping each other company, one day, the sand plant died. The cactus was devastated.

Quite a few years later it was time for the cactus to move on. He passed and rushed to the Pearly Gates in anticipation of seeing his old friend again. Unfortunately, St. Peter informed him that the sand plant didn't get in, and was residing in hell.

The cactus spent his days moping around heaven, sad and depressed. Finally, St. Peter offered up a solution to his woes. He told the cactus that he could spend one night in hell visiting the sand plant on the condition that he'd return by midnight, and that he'd keep a blessed golden harp with him the entire time to insure his salvation.

The cactus was elated! The day came and he took the elevator down to the bottom floor. The sand plant greeted him and the reunion was epic. The sand plant had opened a dance club that was the talk of the town. After partying for hours with strippers and booze, the cactus noticed the clock and realized that he was going to be late getting back to heaven.

He hurriedly said his good byes and hopped onto the elevator. Whoosh back up to the top floor. The doors open and St. Peter is waiting looking very angry.

Peter: "So, I see you barely made it back it time cactus. Hey, where's your golden harp?".

Cactus: "Damn, I left my harp, in Sand Plant's disco...."

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote