Music Banter - View Single Post - The Democratic Primaries
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #87 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
To be frank I think Trump would do a fair bit worse than any bought and paid for politician. I mean the man seems to have legitimately no idea how the system of checks and balances works or... anything. But it could be healthy to hit rock bottom. It feels like honestly nothing would get done.

He beats China every day so if he becomes president thr US economy will outgrow that of China, with their population of billions.
I think there is a big difference, most notably on economic policy. It's not a coincidence that free trade and offshoring have continued unabated President after President, though in fairness Obama has given a run at things.

There is no big difference between Bush and Clinton on economic policy other than their view on social programs, neither of them will slap tariffs on foreign goods or close tax loopholes for offshoring, or attempt to protect manufacturing plants from leaving the US.

You can implement all the Rand Paul policies you want, but if all the good jobs leave the US, your going to be F'n broke, hence the current economic strain on the rust belt States.

The average American is making a lot less than they were in the 1970's and the cost of everything from property to food and commodities has gone up and up, which is why Trump and Sanders are popular.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote