Music Banter - View Single Post - The Democratic Primaries
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #90 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
That all amounts to **** if Trump has no idea how to govern. Just because he says things you like, or at least that you like better than the other guys, doesn't mean that he has any capability to implement them.

This is another thing that bugs me about the way people vote: they do so either by how likable a candidate is, or whether or not they like what the candidate claims to stand for, but at no point does anyone seem to consider whether the person they're voting for is actually competent to govern -- unless of course they're just trying to argue against someone they're already against (like the Republicans against Obama, or the Dems against Palin.)
Eisenhower had no governing experience, and he was a good President. Trump is a successful business man who made the Forbes list countless of times over the decades, and I tend to be privy to people who have a lot of financial experience.

I believe you voted for Obama last election, and before entering the senate he was a civil rights lawyer, he had much less governing experience than Mitt Romney who was the governor of Massachusetts.

and yes I would have voted Obama over Romney to, because I think the later is a dink.

If you want governing experience both Jeb Bush, and Chris Christie are on the ticket. Trump is smart enough though, to have a strong team around him.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote