Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #15694 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

Spectre

while i don't think this was the best out of the Craig Bond films....it certainly delivered....the plot was exciting....small jabs at the mythos of James Bond.....wonderful performances by everyone....overall a great end to Daniel Craig's legacy as this character
Craig is signed on for one more film which is great because I didn't like this one that much and I honestly love Daniel Craig as Bond. I think he's perfect.

So yeah, didn't like this as much. Skyfall is the pinnacle Bond as far as cinematic achievement goes. This film opens with a gorgeous one take shot in Mexico City that just doesn't get matched during the rest of the two and a half hour run time. Too long for a Bond movie guys. I understand the concept of tension and suspense, but it really seemed like five minutes passed before every sentence that Christoph Waltz said. I thought the ending was anti-climactic and there was almost too much cheese. The Monica Bellucci scene in particular was funny yet also cringy to watch. Yes, I know, it's Bond, but I just couldn't get into it at times.

Still worth the watch and better than Q of S by a longshot, but Skyfall and CR are just leaps and bound better films.

Léa Seydoux though guys. Hubba f*cking hubba.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote