Music Banter - View Single Post - Hallo there.
Thread: Hallo there.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Akyho
Music Addict

I think I need to go with my default answer on favourite Artist and that is DEVO.

I can and DO listen to EVERYTHING of theirs, I have not one song I do not like of DEVO hell I really unironicly like their universaly worst album which is Smooth Noodle Maps.

However they brought it back on Something for Everybody and the side album of cut material Something Else for Everybody which I actually prefer more.

When I learned Devo had a new album coming I was excited after their 20 year hiatus, Something for Everybody came out and I live in Scotland which is not the most connected place for niche stuff.

So I wanted the Devo album I came out that day and I thought "Check HMV???" I checked thinking I wouldn't see it..BOOM right there sealed plastic. BOUGHT! I was on my lunch break lols. I back to work threw my jacket behind the counter (I couldn't wait) threw out the CD in the small radio in the Charity shop I worked in put Devo on and played it. I did not care about the customers I WAS LISTENING TO DEVO GODDAMMIT!

THE CD WAS BEST OF SUSAN MCANN! THREE YEARS WITH HER!!!

No complaints and my Manager heard it and went "huh what's that.....hmmm" shrugged and wondered off.

I trained a new girl in the store all the while jamming to the new musical DEVO sounds.

I also wore Devo badges in college which had random people shout across the street either "ARE WE NOT MEN!?" which I had to shout back "WE ARE DEVO!" or "SPUD!"
Akyho is offline   Reply With Quote