Music Banter - View Single Post - The Refugee crisis
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
As this topic has not been added to imagine while, I thought that I would bump it. I was just curious how they are handling the refugee crisis in your country . Over 2000 people have been applying for asylum per day here in Sweden and they have been creating
Refugee camps everywhere. This has caused a lot of conflict here with talk of closing borders for the refugees ( even the pm has admitted that the amount Sweden is taking in has gotten out of hand) . Places where the refugees might be placed have been burned down and this has caused insurance companies to refuse to insure them ( future residences for refugees). In turn, our national immigration agency has announced that they are now setting up cots in their offices as there is no place to put the refugees.

So my question is, are other countries increasing their intake of refugees? I realizability that Germany is also taking in a large amount but they are the only other country I have really heard about. Taking in an extra hundred or so just doesn't seem that much if you have thousands knocking at the door...
USA: No idea. This country is so big that if China invaded California, and the news decided not to report it, we on the East Coast wouldn't even know. So I couldn't tell you what our country as a whole is doing, but here in Virginia I haven't heard about any refugees.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote