Music Banter - View Single Post - The Active Rock Format
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

I want a rock radio station that doesn't just play what's popular. Popular does not translate to, equate to, or mean 'good' music. Radio stations thrive so to speak, on the popular bands, it gets more listeners tuning in and keeps the station active. The problem is that radio in general only seems concerned about playing the popular music. I don't see any interest to play good music. I see that as a big issue, and it's the reason why I don't listen to the radio in the first place. Sure, I listen to Of Mice & Men. But they're not what I'd want to hear played. Why not play CKY, or more Clutch as mentioned by Plankton, or even some Killing Joke, or Nick Cave, music that is actually good and not bullsh*t.

Call it the fault of your every day casual music listener that isn't concerned with music one could be immersed in, or substantial music with a point to it. There's a whole other breed of music listeners that I am a part of that is more or less ignored, we're people that appreciate music, music that isn't dictated by the demands of a label and what a band or artist is told they should cater to in order to get radio play or noticed. These are all things that radio just seems to have no interest in. So take that to your radio station so they get a bit of a reality check that people like me don't want to hear their bullsh*t 'music' over and over again, give some attention to bands and artists that give a sh*t about what they're doing. No more cheesy a$$ Nickelback, but like that will ever happen, no more 3 Doors Down clones, as much as I hate to say it because I like the band, I've heard enough Chevelle as well, we could all do with less Nirvana clones like Seether, please move away from the overplayed Weezer, they had their day in the sun, but they're overblown, heard enough Slipknot, Godsmack, Stone Sour. People listen to that stuff, but it isn't the sh*t I want to hear.

Last edited by CoNtrivedNiHilism; 11-10-2015 at 09:39 AM.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote