Music Banter - View Single Post - Fallout 4
Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 05:04 AM   #91 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Or as bad, depending on who you ask
I can't say just yet, but so far it seems great. The world is big and rich (though I am unable to compare the sizes until I do more exploring).
Dialogs vary from ok to great, they are very mass effect style - which doesn't bother me that much, but I'm sure there are folks out there that will cry about it. So far I like the voice acting very much, though I have began wondering how it's possible that 200 years after the war, there are people with a "fresh out of the boat eastern european niko belic style" or "cliche irish gal" accents... but it's nitpicking. is it ?
I have yet to fully explore the building/crafting system, though after tinkering with my guns, my armors and the power armor (that has a completely separate crafting table)
I have to say i really love it and now finally, collecting junk like aluminium cans, duct tape etc makes a lot of sense.
Companions so far are great, for once they are really cool and I have a hard time choosing which one to travel with. They are dumb, but they are immortal so you know, fun.
Generally the game is ...well, the only real problem I have with it is that it seems like it was somehow toned down. Like it's not a game for adults, but for adolescents, and by the American standard - showing guns, violence, bodies, carnage etc is ok. But at one point, one of my followers started talking about her past, about the abuse, how she was a slave and had to do "horrible things" and.. well, the game wasn't exactly as mature about this as I would have hoped. The world somehow seems devoid of sex, addiction is treated lightly.... It's very fun, but at the same time I was hoping it would get more serious at times. So far it hasn't.
so far a strong 8+/10.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote