Music Banter - View Single Post - What has the world come to?!
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
I don't like rap, which is a newer genre that has emerged, so that doesn't help things IMO, I don't find it to be an acceptable form of music, but that's just me please don't murder me over this forum for my opinion. All in all, I think music has hit a low, but that just means it can only go up from here. I think its cool to see more and more younger people getting into older rock music, that only goes to show that music has a good chance of going back into the state it was 30+ years ago. Also you may be able to make a relation between Vietnam and the war we are currently fighting, and wars usually produce strong protest music, which represents much of the older music of the time period I like the most.
Oh dear , rap is new? last I checked it had been around for 25+ years

The reason there is 'no good music' is because you`re not open to it.You want all bands to sound like they did 30 years ago , and that isn`t going to happen.I notice you mention Audioslave as a new band you like , is it a coincidence perhaps they sound like a Led Zeppelin tribute band?

I don`t mean to have a go at you but if there`s one thing that really pisses me off is people like yourself who complain there`s no good new music when the best example you can give of a new band is a band made up of people who have been recording music for 15/20 years and who hold up Led Zeppelin as the holy grail in music.

Today music is free of genres , people take inspiration from rock , jazz , blues , country , electronica , soul , funk , punk , folk and just about everything in a way that never happened in the past , open your mind & take advantage of that . Not all of us want the planet overrun by blues rock dinosaurs.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote