Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #2035 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: Overpowered
Artiste: Róisín Murphy
Genre: Electronica/Pop
Familiarity: Zero

1. Overpowered: Synth-heavy of course, she has a nice voice which doesn't grate; this is a slowish opener. Yeah, I like it. Restrained but with a decent punch.
2. You know me better: More uptempo, slightly dancier but still catchy.
3. Checkin' on me: This has a sort of soul tinge to it
4. Let me know: Started off like a ballad but picked up into a real funk groover. Nice.
5. Movie star: Nice thick buzzy synths on this one. Oh yeah, really like this one. If I knew what Lady Gaga sounded like I would probably say this sounds like her, but I don't so I can't. But I bet it does. Actually it reminds me of Animotion. Best track so far.
6. Primitive: This is a nice change. A laidback little track that isn't quite a ballad but is slower and more relaxed than the rest of the album so far.
7. Footprints: Back to the funk, with some real seventies style synth, handclaps, the whole bit. She really has a nice voice. Sounds like Judie Tzuke at times, especially here. I'd like to see though what she does with a really passionate ballad, maybe piano or acoustic guitar.
8. Dear Miami: Like this too. Has a very fresh, relaxing feel to it.
9. Cry baby: This is a real techno dancer, but pretty damn cool. I could dance to this. You have been fairly warned.
10. Tell everybody: This is just so smooth!
11. Scarlet ribbons: Ah yes! A soulful ballad. Love this, and she hits it right on the money.

End result: Not the sort of music I would normally listen to, but this album was pretty damn righteous. Batty nails it again.

So, Love or Hate? Nothing but Love, here.