Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 05:43 AM   #802 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

What is wrong with you? I made it very clear I know that he only made the one decent animated movie, but that it owns any Disney effort. I never made any implication that he had written or directed a slew of great animated movies, which he did not.

And Frownland, it started on Frozen, as posted by you. There's nothing wrong with TLK and B&TB per se, but Batty's assertion that Disney were then superior is what I have a problem with. They're not original and they follow basically the same formula every movie. Not that I care, it's just Batty's devotion to Disney needed to be challenged. And it was. Whether you agree or not is beside the point; the world does not begin and end with Disney. Of course Burton may have just been lucky/hit the sweet spot with Nightmare, because as I already pointed out, Corpse Bride was a huge letdown and he hasn't attempted any more animated movies, so that must say something. But I'd still take Nightmare over any Disney movie, including The Lion King, other than the really old ones like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White, when Disney were in their heyday and not everyone spoke in American idioms.

Oh, and **** Mickey Mouse. I hate that bastard.