Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 05:21 AM   #2060 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I find your affront to live albums offensive.
Yeah yeah yeah, heard it all before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
Some of the best album are live albums. Folsom Prison anyone? That's gotta be the first step for anyone getting into Cash, and it's live!
You all need to understand something: I have nothing against live albums. They used to be the way I got into a band when I was younger, sort of listening to the greatest hits. But they're really hard to review, especially if you already have reviewed the artiste's albums. What are you gonna say? He plays that song better than studio? It's a longer version? The crowd go wild? There are just too many cliches you end up using and in general I like to write well, and I find live albums make that quite difficult.

So I decided against reviewing any FOR THIS THREAD. I have plenty of live albums such as Paris by Supertramp, Plays Live as mentioned by Peter Gabriel, Live in the Heart of the City by Whitesnake, Exit.. Stage Left and All the World's a Stage by Rush, Live Evil by Sabbath, Road Noise by Judie Tzuke, Three Sides Live and Seconds Out by Genesis, Alchemy by Dire Straits and tons more. I like listening to them occasionally. The first album I ever reviewed in my first journal was a live one. But I think it was the only one --- no, I also did No Sleep Till Hammersmith. But generally I prefer not to review them. And I won't be doing so here.