Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris attacks again
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #157 (permalink)
Mr. Charlie
Shoo Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aux-in View Post
There's also a more silent effect. When I saw what was going on in this thread, I had the gut reaction of not wanting to use this site again, even though I'm here to talk about music. It's not enjoyable, and it certainly wasn't beneficial to the discussion. It's a music forum, so I'm not expecting high intellectual discourse. At the same time, one has to question if they want to be around the type of environment where a bunch of losers make jokes about a serious incident that just happened, without a shred of dignity, and it's OK and/or a regular thing. I've felt the mod team get involved too quickly before and I'll also not be a part of an over-moderated site, but the mods were right on this one.
Indeed. I've questioned coming here due to this thread. I know it's only a forum, only opinions, words on a screen, nothing serious, and I agree, but ugly displays make it a less enjoyable place to be. I come here to share and discover music and have a little fun. What went on in this thread makes it less fun and surely drives/keeps people away. I don't expect public displays of compassion from everyone over every little thing but a little humanity isn't too much to ask.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote