Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris attacks again
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #174 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
This is ****ing scary! (Well duh!) but this was exactly the plot in one of the episodes of the TV series Sleeper Cell: the terrorists were taking an ambulance and bringing it into a football stadium to explode it, only it had nerve gas cannisters in it.

I've always feared that these scumbags and their ilk would attack a sports event. Think about it: thousands of people packed in together, no real way to escape in a hurry, everyone relaxed and off their guard, security generally lax (people smuggle in flares all the time) and if it's a national game, you're likely to have government ministers, media moguls, maybe even the head of state there. Not to mention that you probably have on-site TV coverage in place. So many juicy targets and all you have to do is get one guy in with a vest, or a grenade, or even a gun or knife, and the carnage that could ensue.

It's bloody terrifying.
This is a very good summary, and that's what I've been worried about for a while now. It's not a new idea either, it was being talking about as far back as '02.

Security is really poor at live football, I've been to hundreds of matches and been searched maybe three times, those were evening European matches, just a quick pat down. Sneaked beer in loads of times. It's too impractical to search every single person entering the ground, would take hours.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote