Music Banter - View Single Post - The Torture Chamber
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 07:11 AM   #307 (permalink)
Terrapin_Station
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I love a challenge!

Sorry for the tiny picture; it's a band called Freiheit (also known as Munchener Freiheit) and an album called Fantasy.
Oooh, no--I liked that a lot. So a score of 0 (or "0%"), unfortunately.

I should give some guidance I suppose. Some of the stuff I tend to like less than the norm:

* Really amateurish stuff, especially if it's also really amateurish production-wise (so "lo-fi"). This would be the easiest target to get a high score from me, but it's not easy to find music that had any sort of release that's amateurish in the manner I mean. Usually, if someone other than the artist thought it was worth making available, it's not amateurish enough that I'd dislike it. The stuff I'm talking about is going to be hard to find, because it probably won't be on youtube, no one is likely to have it on soulseek, etc. Maybe a bandcamp link or something would work, though, as long as I don't have to pay for it. That Freiheit album was just the opposite of this, by the way--really polished, crafty, etc. That's almost always going to appeal to me instead. They also seemed to have at least a slight Yes influence. Yes is my #4 artist.

* Noise and subgenres/related genres are some of my least favorite. However, I do like some noise stuff and some stuff in every noise subgenre, so that will be more of a crapshoot.

* Grindcore is also one of my least favorite genres. Same as above.

* Avant-garde stuff, including free improv, that's the furthest removed from traditional songcraft tends to be iffy for me. Plenty I like, but there's plenty I don't care for, too. If it's more amateurish, I'm more likely to not care for it--for example, those early Cabaret Voltaire tapes. On the other hand, though, I like early zoviet france well enough.

* I'm not a big indie fan, though there are plenty of indie artists I like. It's just that there's a larger percentage than the norm of indie artists I don't care for. However, most indie that I don't care for isn't going to get a high score for anyone, because I tend to just find it boring. It doesn't tend to annoy me or anything.

Last edited by Terrapin_Station; 11-18-2015 at 07:27 AM.
Terrapin_Station is offline   Reply With Quote