Music Banter - View Single Post - The Torture Chamber
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #331 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
It does amuse me the way you two keep complaining about my system. It's not like I suddenly changed things: you knew what you were -- literally --- signing up for. If you don't want to play, don't, but I'm not going to change the format just for you two. I do wonder though what you expected? If you had everyone just allowed to post whenever they felt like it, you know exactly what would happen: the thread would die pretty quickly. If there's no push, no kick, no reminder and no time limit then things don't get done, we all know that. This is like joining an amateur sports team and then saying "Aw I don't want to turn out for training every weekend! Can't I just come in when I feel like it?" How long do you think that would fly?

It is also interesting that the only two really complaining here are the ones who have done one (and a half) albums each. Others have just got on with it. If you spent half the time sorting out your albums as you do complaining you'd have had your reviews done long ago. But if you want to go, if you feel it's no longer fun or something you want to do, let me know and I'll delete your albums. I had really wanted to see Frownland suffer Bon Jovi though, and I really wanted to see Batty tortured with Marillion, but if it's not to be then so be it. Also, let's not forget I suffered through everything you ****s threw at me...

The thread will continue as it is, with the rules already laid down. Anyone who feels they can't or don't want to operate within those rules is free to retract their participation. Nobody's forcing you to remain here. But I will not be changing things just because two people have a problem with it.

And I've wasted enough time on this already; I have a lot of other work to do. So let that be an end to it. Play or don't play, it's all the same to me. But if you play, you play by my rules.

It's already dying regardless of your "reminders", and the people who do post largely do so cause they feel like it, not because you badgered them.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote