Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris attacks again
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 05:26 AM   #193 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
John Wilkes Booth - unban please

1. Moderators should simply be here to monitor spam, and ban people who are willfully idiots or crossing the line with their language when addressing other members. (that's it, period)

2. I wish the censorship on this website would stop, via deleting threads? If someone comes on here spewing racism or being offensive, let them hang themselves by leaving their threads up. It lets us know the idiots we need to steer clear of. JWB did not fall into this category.
I really don't think you should be telling mods how to do their jobs. JWB is someone I like but he has been needling and pushing and daring the mods to ban him for a while. This isn't his first rodeo, and you can't say any mod has ever banned anyone in haste; they always think it through, give enough rope, then kick the stool out from under the member. I for one am glad for mods who will actually do something when required. We can't make them afraid to act, or tie their hands. You should try to understand and put yourself in their shoes.

As for (2), it's against the rules. You think the mods should leave crap like that up and just wag a finger? Who's going to respect them or the rules if they do that? Also, **** like that has no place here and it can upset other people (ie in this case French, those who have French connections -- sorry -- or just every right-thinking person who grieves over the pointless loss of innocent lives.)

I have no problem at all with what was done by mods in this thread, and Ki will agree I'm sure that if Exo had not stepped in, he would probably have continued with his tasteless jokes. That kind of behaviour needs to be dealt with, and that's why we have mods and aren't an anarchic society here.