Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris attacks again
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #194 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I really don't think you should be telling mods how to do their jobs. JWB is someone I like but he has been needling and pushing and daring the mods to ban him for a while. This isn't his first rodeo, and you can't say any mod has ever banned anyone in haste; they always think it through, give enough rope, then kick the stool out from under the member. I for one am glad for mods who will actually do something when required. We can't make them afraid to act, or tie their hands. You should try to understand and put yourself in their shoes.

As for (2), it's against the rules. You think the mods should leave crap like that up and just wag a finger? Who's going to respect them or the rules if they do that? Also, **** like that has no place here and it can upset other people (ie in this case French, those who have French connections -- sorry -- or just every right-thinking person who grieves over the pointless loss of innocent lives.)

I have no problem at all with what was done by mods in this thread, and Ki will agree I'm sure that if Exo had not stepped in, he would probably have continued with his tasteless jokes. That kind of behaviour needs to be dealt with, and that's why we have mods and aren't an anarchic society here.
1) I read the thread I didn't see JWB goading the mod into wanting to ban him. I saw a guy who got on the wrong side of the fence in an argument, and pessimistically gave in and asked to be banned halfheartedly.

My personal opinion on mods is that there should be no social status that comes with the job, but you should be getting paid!!! something because its a job!

2) If someone broke the rules than it is KI, he was the one making offensive comments about the attack on Paris, so if someone should be banned it is him, not JWB.

And yes I personally found Ki's remarks revolting and offensive, but I don't think they should be deleted from the website. I don't believe in regulating free speech, "You have the right to be offended.", but if your worried about copycats coming in just to make offensive comments than I understand the logic, other than that I think people should be left to socially hang themselves for their stupidity.

I've been on here for years now and I've never complained about the mods, but the arbitrary nature in which JWB was banned bothers me, because he wasn't the primary instigator.

Ki comes in makes offensive jokes about the attacks on Paris, and then gets his idiotic comments deleted, pretty much a get out of jail free card, and JWB gets banned.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote