Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris attacks again
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #195 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
1) I read the thread I didn't see JWB goading the mod into wanting to ban him. I saw a guy who got on the wrong side of the fence in an argument, and pessimistically gave in and asked to be banned halfheartedly.
He goaded Plankton into banning him and he did, it was on here and I saw it when it happened.

Quote:
I've been on here for years now and I've never complained about the mods, but the arbitrary nature in which JWB was banned bothers me, because he wasn't the primary instigator.
I'm a mod on another forum (nothing to do with music ) but the same there is what happens here. A person is not usually banned for one single action, the action that the members think that he/she was banned for, but they're normally banned for their behaviour over a period of time which could be weeks or months or longer, and before permanently going they've already been banned or warned a few times already .

I think if somebody has been banned once and still doesn't learn from their previous mistake, the mods are not left without much choice in this matter and it's also done for the reputation of the site.

As said before mods do this job on a voluntary basis and have to make tough calls now and again, and personally I feel a mod dominant forum in the case of MB works better than a more relaxed one, as without the mods here this forum would quickly disintegrate into a free for all with people insulting each other and posting what they want. I've seen forums like this before and it ain't a pretty sight.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote