Music Banter - View Single Post - Paris attacks again
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #197 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

By all means voice your opinion, William_The_Bloody, but I don't think your opinion is based on all the factors that went into JWB's banning. It's been said, and it will probably be said again, that the issues with JWB were not entirely in this thread. Let that sink in for a minute...

The issues with JWB were not entirely in this thread.

Are we clear on that? I really hope so.

He had already been banned earlier in the year, then he was banned again within weeks of being allowed back, but others thought the case against him was a bit thin, so he was unbanned with conditions that he clean things up. He was warned and coddled for a while, but he continually walked a fine line on bannable offenses, which in turn opened the flood gates for other childish behavior from other members. This forum was a game to him. He wasn't here to talk about music, he was here to inflate his ego by appearing to be on point with edgy topics and nonsense. While this is a music forum, there is also the element of world events in which members are encouraged to discuss, but this is not a place where anyone can just run their mouth off without consequences. This forum isn't the comments section on a youtube video. This is why there are mods and rules. Have some decency, and some common sense. It'll keep you off the ban radar.

Edit: I guess I took a bit too long to pen that. US is pretty much spot-on.