Music Banter - View Single Post - Andrew WK?
Thread: Andrew WK?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Default Andrew WK?

Oh mein godt. I don't know what his technical genre is - I've heard him described as Party Metal and Old School Punk. Party Metal lends itself to me more ...

I'd love to listen to this guys music, full pelt, when I'm drunk or stoned or something intoxicated. Has anyone been his site? There's a trailer to his DVD (if you can be bothered to get passed all his pictures) where he's going on about how he makes the music and he describes it ... I duno, pretty well how I hear it. He takes every good sound there is going, gives it a heartbeat shoves it all into a musically tight as hell package (the beat and rhythm is so crisp throughout the song). His shouty, almost semi-death, voice to me enhances the "pumping it out hard" party effect.

As far as I know this guy has two albums, I'd seriously recommend getting the first one, I Get Wet. Not a bad song on it, in my opinion. "I Love New York City", "Party Hard" and "She Is Beautiful" (perhaps better known because of the Bodom cover of it) - all excellent rhythmic songs. If you've NOT heard his stuff, you're missing out.

Pump up the music, pass me the joint. Lets dance.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote