Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Comedy Songs - Come laugh your butt off with us!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #67 (permalink)
Akyho
Music Addict

I give you Judge Dread....yes the white English guy that sings dirty reggae songs. What?

Some people may be more familiar with the not as good version done by Arrogant Worms known as the Assumption song. I caught some 16 year old singing the Arrogant Worms version I stopped them and said "NO!....that's the wrong words!" and sang them the correct version!!....I was 21 at the time.

There is a whole series of his corruption in rhymes, such as Big six onwards is mostly him corrupting nursery rhymes....in high school someone up the back of the bus was going "I was told this dirty song! lemme show you!" and got it on their phone (probably a Nokia it was 2004 odds) then started to read, I then just overtook them and sang it of by heart.

Oh yeaaah.....I got into trouble in high school due to Judge Dread. So...when for art your teacher asks you to draw on this A3 drawing paper an album cover for your most favourite music artist or band. I was 14 and listening to a lot of Judge Dread...and so I decided to draw Big Six. With such lyrics as "Little Miss Muffet sat on her Tuffet knickers all tatter and torn, it wasn't a spider who sad down beside her, it was little boy blue with the horn!" and "Where is little Bo peep? to tend to her sheep? Under the hay stack with little boy blue!"

So I drew some of that, next day I get told another art teacher wants to see me, so I went up and saw her she was fine and nice then said "wait for me in there...NOOOW." the NOOOOW put it into my head this is not going be good.

She had my art piece barley started and then she flipped it over....it was a giant coloured in A3 marijuana/weed/hash leaf. I did not draw that, however as judge dread talks about "smoking the ganja!" I couldn't remember what it looked like so asked my weed smoking friend to draw me a small one....he drew a massive one and then started colouring it and finished it...WHY MY PIECE was unfinished.

so she gave me a grilling about the weed picture...and not the fact I drew legs sticking out out of a "ganja" tree with underwear over it and sheep underneath it, she seemed to miss that bit.

Just imagine a drawing of THIS song.

Which brings me to Judge Dread VS Judge Dredd the law officer from Mega city! THE MAN WHO IS THE LAW!! brought to you by Red Dwarf.....it will make sense...a bit.

So Red Dwarf ALSO had their own Comedy song which was in an episode and at the time made a bit of a splash and they made it into an official buy able single, made a proper music video and everything, as well as a sort of weird special about it.

Here skip to 8:18 and WITNESS THE BATTLE!

The reason in why we got to the epic battle!

Also....how can you ever forget this Red Dwarf moment...easy if you never saw it before.

Last edited by Akyho; 11-22-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Akyho is offline   Reply With Quote