Music Banter - View Single Post - What kind of sound system rig do you have?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #151 (permalink)
Mr. Charlie
Shoo Thoughts

Made a few changes to my system recently. Couldn't justify using my beautiful CD player only as a transport, and so got rid of the Chord DAC 64, and upgraded my amps, and my support system.

Sugden Masterclass LA-4 pre amplifier. Sounds a lot sweeter than my old pre amp and has a better grip on music:

Sugden Sapphire FBA-800 power amplifier. This thing is huge. Biggest amp I've ever had, and the blandest looking, yet without doubt the best.

It's a floating bridge design, pure class A output stage for minimum distortion, four power transistors per channel, 100% balanced from the input to the output by using two amplifiers per channel, gold plated circuit boards, silver wiring; basically a no compromise amp. And what that means in the real world is phenomenal sound quality. It basically creates a holographic soundstage. which in plain english means it sounds like the musicians are there playing in your living room. Amazing:

Atacama Evoque Eco 40-60 Hifi Stand. Power amp was so big I had to get a new hi-fi stand to seat it. And this one's a goodun. Never underestimate what proper support and isolation can do to a system. They can tighten up sound quality:

Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote