Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 03:11 PM   #12080 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I'm generally too lazy to post in this thread, but **** it...

Arkangel - Dead Man Walking (2000)

I once saw this album basically described as 90s metalcore with a ****load of guitar leads, and that's really not off. This is as brutal a metalcore album as you could ever come up with, and it is filled to the gills with Slayer riffs that make it sound like anything other than a 90s metalcore album. Or at least like a 90s metalcore album with a ****load of Slayer riffs. Seriously, why every other hardcore band didn't decide to pump their albums full of Slayer riffs is beyond me, because they obviously make everything better than Jesus.

Pretty sure I've spammed this band all over the thread at this point, but according to Last.FM, this is my most listened to band, and that is entirely due to this album. Yes, I've pretty much listened to one album more than I have listened to the discographies of any single artist over the past year. Cause Arkangel are that ****ing awesome.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote