Music Banter - View Single Post - Bring Me The Horizon's, That's The Spirit
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
I must be missing something here. I really tried to give this album a go but it just sounded like One Direction with fuzzier guitars. I know a lot of people regard it highly so I'll try again and see.
This made me laugh, unlike with the other guy who said it sounded like it was an album for girls, I rolled my eyes. Did the dude completely miss the point of the album? Easily the bands best work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Identity Matrix View Post
This was the first BMTH album I could listen to all the way through without taking a break. It definitely sounded like a much more mature album compared to their more metal-core albums. However, it lost its touch towards the end after a strong opening where all the songs feel like they blended in with each other. Not the most popular opinion out there right now considering the positive reviews I've seen this album get. It was overall ok. I would put it at a 6.5/10. But I do see the appeal for this album it just didn't hit home with me as much as I wanted it to.
Same here, about it being the first BMTH album I listened to straight through. The one before it though wasn't bad either.

I can't say the album gets boring toward the end, or loses appeal. But I think I know why you say the songs begin to sound similar.