Music Banter - View Single Post - The Refugee crisis
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #125 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Where exactly is the tipping point where the new market (refugees) becomes too large to be a benefit to the economy (or vice versa)? In the end it might just be a non-issue since these people will be spending money as well. Someone who's done or is dedicated enough to do my research for me is free to help out here.
I think the tipping point would be when the immigrant communities within a nation have grown so large that you have large groups of people who have not been properly assimulated...

and as consequence, are easily susceptible to an ideology that tells them to blow away their fellow citizens with a Kalashnikov.

There are literally little microcosm communities of Iraq and Syria within France & Belgium, to the point that the Belgium government admitted it doesn't have control over certain neighborhoods in their country. (basically a nation within a nation)

As for North America, when you think that the US admits 1 million immigrants each year, 10,000 Syrian refugees is a drop in the bucket, the chances of them not becoming assimulated to American culture is slim to none.

As long as all the security screening is done to the fullest extent it should be all good, geopolitically it will make the US look benevolent in the eyes of the Arab world when you consider that the gulf states are taking in 0 refugees!
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote