Music Banter - View Single Post - Music that you don't listen to?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 12:30 PM   #236 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I found that my stance on the whole screamed/growled/cookie cutter ordeal is more or less split in the middle; it's suitable when it is the appropriate approach to a song, but redundant and tiring when it's that all of the damn time and just exists. I feel for some bands that take that approach, their vocalist is just that plain and lacks the creative mind to use his voice any other way. Let's face it. Some of those guys just can't do anything else, some admit to the fact.

So contrary to what Janszoon stated about clean singing in that kind of music, I think that it actually enhances it and makes it better, offers more variety, a variance of overall atmosphere to a song, as apposed to the same thing throughout an entire album. Death/Doom doesn't have to be and shouldn''t always just be that type of vocal.

Some of those bands seem to be afraid of introducing clean vocals because they feel their fanbase and the media will react negatively to the change. F*ck the fans and f*ck the irrelevant media, usually don't know sh*t about music anyway. If a band in either genre want to try clean singing, do it. You're still a Death/Doom band, you just won't be pigeonholed like some many others content with that.

Seriously. Why should any band care what media says to begin with? You got in to music because you love it, creating it, playing it. Not because you wanted the opinion of every paid reviewer with a blog or working at Kerrang! magazine. So just keep doing that, don't read reviews of your albums. Just make music. If people like you, you'll have a career. If they don't, well whatever. You must not have been interesting.
How did doom enter the conversation? I'd say most doom has clean vocals already.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote