Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Domain
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

Wolfmother - Victorious (2015)
Track Review of Victorious by Wolfmother

Quick Note: Before the review begins I want to let everyone know that I am not confining myself to the current project listed on the OP. I want to be able to review or talk about other things outside the current main project. Thus I will be doing other reviews when albums or tracks I wish to review come out.

Take a moment and thank your lucky stars that the men behind 2009's excellent Cosmic Egg are back after the misstep they took with 2014's New Crown. No longer do they feel held back by their influences like on New Crown. No longer do they feel outdated and boring like on New Crown. No longer do Wolfmother have to worry about cleaning out that bad taste left in my mouth from New Crown. I think you get the picture. I wasn't the biggest fan of New Crown. It was very disappointing to say the least. For now at least it seems the old Wolfmother is back. The lead single, off their upcoming album, transitions from a very 70s hard rock sound to a much more Black Sabbath styled heavy metal sound. Something that fits the band much more. The track opens up with an epic sounding Sabbathian riff that fuels the head banger within. Right as Andrew Stockdale's vocals crash into the song in full force, you realize this single knows how to rock. The continuation of the riff with a little variation when it comes to the soaring chorus does get a bit old after a few listens but can bounce back after the break/bridge. Lyrically the track isn't anything special but it definitely doesn't need to be considering the absolute sheer power the guitar riffing has. The lyrics simply ride the track out in epic fashion. Wolfmother has finally delivered a song after almost 7 years that will be sure to hit rotation in the Domain for a long long time.

This track earns a definite like.

All I can say is that my excitement for this record is through the roof right now and probably one of my most anticipated records of Q1 2016.

Expect a review for the new record Victorious, out February, 19th of next year.

Listen to it yourself and give me your opinions. Like it? Dislike it? Why?

Video Taken From Wolfmother Vevo Youtube Channel

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.

Last edited by The Identity Matrix; 12-01-2015 at 08:06 AM.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote