Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Domain
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
Good review, I've heard a few songs off this album but I'll probably listen to the rest soon. Out of curiousity, why do you think rawer production takes away from the music?
Thanks for the comment.

That is not a general view of mine. I have heard all of the Coheed and Cambria records and the higher production quality allows them to experiment more and create a sound that has some atmospheric qualities to it. Those qualities make a lot of their later work sound the part that they are trying to play. Hopefully that makes sense. Also the production quality hurts the music because the mixing feels off to me. Sometimes Claudio's screamed vocals can get drowned with the guitars and vice versa. Probably should have mentioned those points in the review, but I didn't want to take the later albums into consideration when reviewing the album.

What tracks have you heard off the album? If you do end up listening to the whole album you should let me know what you think. I am definitely curious.

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote