Music Banter - View Single Post - Anticipated Albums: 2016
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #44 (permalink)
Plainview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
Ever listen to Diamond Dogs or Station to Station? Those are 2 of my favorite Bowie albums, and though they weren't as commercially driven are excellent. I'd also recommend Heathen as his most recent "great" album though I think that was 2001 or so.
All of Bowie's 70s discography is a must listen. My favourite Bowie album is probably Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) though. I don't think there's any artist who can claim to have had a better album streak as Bowie, from The Man Who Sold the World to Let's Dance. Really phenomenal. And yeah I'm digging the Scott Walker-esque single, looking forward to the new album, hopefully a return to the Golden Years (see what I did there) of Bowie.
The overuse of babe/baby, the lack of any sort of discernible originality, the melodrama and the general sense of an especially heinous sort of hardcore vapid stupidity all make me want to jab my eyes out with a drill-press and then hang myself from the CN Tower with an electrified rope that sends shocks in excess of 10,000 volts through my body as I slowly die. While listening to Dream Theater.
Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote