Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Domain
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

Devil in Jersey City - (2003)
Music Video/Single by Coheed and Cambria

This was the first and only official single from the album The Second Stage Turbine Blade. Probably the most straight forward track on the album, delivering a fast paced emo/post hardcore track with prog elements. The track's placement in the story is where Josephine, daughter of main characters Coheed (father) and Cambria (mother) Kilgannon. She has been targeted by a gang called the Jersey City Devils. The track rides an emotional roller coaster thanks to Claudio's singing. A catchy vocal melody allows the lyrical themes to contrast with the upbeat structure. The single has power and is one of the top Coheed songs out there.

The music video itself doesn't actually follow the same story as the song. Instead it is focusing on what is believed to be Coheed and Cambria Kilgannon contemplating the need to kill their children to stop a form of the Monstar virus. All of the story elements will be explained later, but one can see that the song is not a happy one to say the least. It switches between the band playing in a garage and the two main characters looking forlorn. It becomes very jarring after a while when the quick switches occur more rapidly. The music video overall is able to convey the mood of both the song, and the story while still providing plenty of energy.

Definitely check out the music video and the song if anyone hasn't already.

Devil in Jersey City gets a like from me.

Listen to it yourself and give me your opinions. Like it? Dislike it? Why?

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.

Last edited by The Identity Matrix; 12-01-2015 at 08:01 PM.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote