Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Domain
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

Delirium Trigger - (2003)
Music Video by Coheed and Cambria

While not released as an official single off of its respective album, Delerium Trigger easily could have gone up against Devil in Jersey City as a single. Now Delirium Trigger is not the best song on the album but it had some single power behind it. I personally do not put this on the top list of Coheed songs but it for sure has merit and I appreciate it for what it has to offer. I find it generally to be much more similar to the work that they have on their next album, (review coming tomorrow or Thursday) In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. It has a much better production quality compared to other songs on the record, and the performance is full of energy. The song feels like it provides some story elements that I cannot quite distinguish like I could from other tracks but it still stands on its own as a song. This allows the song to not become muddled in lyrical themes one doesn't understand. Thought the song is heavily tied in with the story it seems to border on the acceptance of death or the will to survive. One final note for the track is that there is a cool Alien, the movie directed by Ridley Scott, reference towards the beginning of the track.

As for the music video itself, It provides an interesting look at what was going through Claudio's head at the time. What we get here is multiple shots of the band performing the song on stage and in studio, with an overlay of what looks to be neon sign effects. Nothing that really adds to the overall presentation. Between the performance shots we get what looks to be a zoomed in shot with a small lens view, similar to that of a microscope. With different objects, like food, faces of the band mates, and other things that I cannot make out, glossing over the lens. It certainly grabs the attention of the viewer but eventually becomes kind of distracting to the point that the song ends up fading to the back end of your mind. Losing that ability to actively listen to a song within the music video is not a good thing. Claudio's creativity here fails to capture the story and fails to capture the mood or ideas of the song. Overall I can see why the video itself isn't on the top when you search youtube for Coheed and Cambria tracks.

The song gets a like/meh but the video is a dislike. Just not a fan of the presentation.

Listen to it yourself and give me your opinions. Like it? Dislike it? Why?

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.

Last edited by The Identity Matrix; 12-01-2015 at 10:58 PM.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote