Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #2246 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Did they win 5 championships with the players currently on the team? If every team was praised for past achievements they would all be great. Criticisms are based on the present.
I'm not talking about praise. Both of you have completely missed the point. I'm not referring to the group of players specifically when posing this question but the whole club/franchise/whatever you call it in general.

The quality of the team isn't the same as the size of the franchise or how big the name is.

One of the best examples I can give is Rangers FC. They haven't competed in the top division of Scottish football for a few years now. Does it mean they are no longer a big club? No. They are massive. They are probably one of the top 10 clubs in the world. Does it mean their current playing staff are shit and they would lose to most decent teams? Well, yeah.

Or even someone like Tiger Woods - Official World Golf Ranking - Ranking

If Real Madrid somehow got relegated to the third division would it mean they aren't a big club any more? No.

Quote:
If every team was praised for past achievements they would all be great.
Obviously this isn't true.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't matter I'll just ask an English person who follows NFL to give me some insight.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 12-01-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote