Music Banter - View Single Post - How do you rate music? (1-5 scale)
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 05:33 AM   #48 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Yep, I´m with Zer0 on this; I don´t want to worry about numbers when I listen to music, and in any case, my opinion today may be different tomorrow.

In the parallel debate being carried on by Urban, Janzoon and Frownland, I´d put music up there as one of life´s greater pleasures - better than pottery and poetry, but below good health, exercise and reading.
I would agree, and yet there are definitely (as you've seen from my "Love or Hate?" thread) albums that either impress me or don't on first listen. In general, if something doesn't chime with me first time I'm unlikely to give it a second shot, and I think it has only happened a handful of times in my life that repeated listens have changed my opinion of an album I didn't like. For proof, search my journal under "Last chance saloon" and you'll see that when I gave albums I hadn't enjoyed a last chance, the result was almost universally the same: I still didn't like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Because deep down you know Justin Beiber is a construct of the record companies, programmed to go after teenage girls for their money
Fixed

I, as you all know, use my patent-pending colour coded system, where each track is rated on a rising or sliding scale, with tracks I like as Orange, Love as Green, Not mad about as White and so on. I think this works really well, as it not only gives you an overall idea of the album but you can see at a glance how my opinion went as I progressed through it. It's a very visual appraisal of an album and easy to understand, I feel.

Now if only I can market it and make some money out of it ....